The Aims Of The McCarrison Society
1. Promote health by advocating sound nutrition according to the teaching of the late Sir Robert McCarrison, who believed that the most important factor in restoring health is healthy nutrition.
2. Collect and collate information and evidence from all over the world regarding the relationship between nutrition and health.
3. Encourage and initiate further research projects in the field of nutrition.
4. Urge the inclusion of nutrition as a mandatory subject in medical departments and encourage the teaching of nutrition in schools, according to the principles developed by Sir Robert McCarrison.
5. Disseminate relevant information through conferences, lectures and by liaison with other scientific bodies and the agricultural community.
6. Fund, where appropriate, the publication of books and papers and make relevant information available to the news media.
7. Provide speakers to take part in media debates intended to inform a wide audience of the importance of nutrition in maintaining good health.
Join the Society and help to strengthen an independent organization that aims to protect our food and nutrition and safeguard the physical and mental health of children yet to be conceived.
The McCarrison Society supports and organizes conferences and lectures in order to disseminate new research and relevant information and by liaison with other scientific bodies. The Scottish Group also organizes conferences primarily in Scotland. For more details please contact us. Most of the proceedings of such conferences will be published in the journal "Nutrition and Health".
EXAMPLES OF PAST CONFERENCE TOPICS